Friday, November 27, 2015

Christmas, The New Way, My New Start

Well for the past 3 Christmases I have let myself think that I am the same person I have always been...and my personal expectations for what I would accomplish to make the holidays perfect for my family would, and could, continue. The results were epic fails all three years which ended in me becoming sad and depressed and Christmas just going down and down until last year we didn't even have a turkey dinner! We had a tree only because the boys decorated it - and for anyone who knew me before this life changed...decorating trees was something I lived for and loved!!  But I need to face the facts ~ I just am not able to be that person anymore!

This year I have decided to scale down my expectations because after all it is just another day but with some fluff and frills. 


Ϡ₡~ So here we go ~Ϡ₡


We are selling off Christmas decorations and keeping just the ones I had when the boys were so young!  The really special ones… I have shed my very much loved Santa Collection to a simple 3, with a promise I will not buy anymore; as painful as that may be.  LOL  If they are not here I will have no guilt about not being able to put them up!


We rolled pennies and actually had enough to purchase a seven foot pencil tree which means no more big, time and energy hogging, tree to decorate.  Now I have a much smaller tree area to decorate, but still have the height, and one that takes so many fewer ornaments to bring it to life.  Prelit, of course, to save that task…all literally for our pennies!!


It was a little challenging for me, being I am accustomed to the traditional Christmas tree size and shape; and took a little work to be happy with the final result.  Again, those who know me know I am extremely picky about my trees LOL.  But I did it.


Because I have always done multiple trees, I have quite a selection of ornaments…We played with all blues, blue and silver, all red, red and silver, with and without garlands, with and without both floral and holly pics, with snowmen, without snowmen, with Santas, and without the jolly guy…you get the idea!  
 I finally settled on simple silver, white and snowflakes.  Everyone is happy with it or perhaps just happy I finally made up my mind!!

Ϡ₡~ What do you think??? ~Ϡ₡


How did you decorate your tree?  
What's your colours or theme for your tree, 
or do you do more than one?
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment